Thursday, September 11, 2014

Top 10

I was nominated by a dear friend of mine to list my top 10 most influential/favorite books on FaceBook. I thought it might be a fun blog post, so I’m listing them all here too! :)

1.) Clan of the Cave Bears by Jean M. Auel. I first read this book as a freshman in high school and it has stuck with me ever since. It’s also the first book in a terrific series.

2.) The entire Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. I’m not sure there’s any explantation needed here! 

3.) Poison Princess by Kresley Cole. I am so in love with this book—awesome writing, great voice, unique plot, and a slew of  great characters to fall in love with. 

4.) Mars by Ben Bova. One of the first science fictions books I ever fell in love with. An incredibly believable story in which we follow a crew on their perilous journey to Mars. 

5.) The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey-the most recent science fiction novel I fell in love with. Unbelievable writing and voice! 

6.) Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. Gotta love the classics! 

7.) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. A terrific high fantasy novel with fighting, magic, and forbidden love.  

8.) Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. I read this series in High School and all I can say is that even though it’s clearly fiction, it still really made me think; about my life, about the choices I would make in the MC’s situation, and it even pushed me to learn more about my religion. 

9.) The Demon King series by Cinda Williams Chima. I read this while writing The Apollo Academy and I remember thinking this is how I want to write. Great dual POV fantasy novel. 

10.) King Cave by Scarlett Dawn. An action packed book that I highly recommend. But the most special thing about it…. it lead me to my new publisher. :) 

Only listing 10 seems so unfair. There are a ton of books that have impacted me in some way! 

What are yours?

1 comment:

  1. I have got to read Sarah J. Maas! Everyone seems to love her stuff. =) A few of my favs would be Beauty by Robin McKinley, The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, and the Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness.

    ReplyDelete