Thursday, April 17, 2014

NEST PITCH KC5: DREAMING DRAGON DREAMS

Category/Genre: PICTURE BOOK

Word Count: 599

Pitch: All Fin wants is to be a dragon. Problem? Fins a fish! With advice from the wise fish Wish, Fin overcomes his fears and begins a journey to make his dreams a reality.

If my main character were an easter egg, what flavor would he/she be and why? Fin replies- "I would be a white chocolate Easter egg, covered with smarties that sparkle and shimmer, just like the scales of the dragon that I want to be!”

Excerpt:

Fin dreamed of being a dragon. The only thing was… Fin was a fish!

He wanted to fly over mountains and see new places but his friend Blue didn’t understand.

Swimming up to him, Fin let out a big

C R O A K !

“Tadpoles get to turn into frogs.”

“Yes, I know Fin, but-”

“And caterpillers get to turn into beautiful butterflies”

“Yes, that’s true too, but-”

“So, why can’t I become a dragon?”

Blue did not have the answer.

Finally he said, “Go see the wise old fish Wish. She knows all the fish myths."

4 comments:

  1. I think it is brilliant Natalie.... it could show that no matter who or what you are dreams can be made real. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is brilliant Natalie.... it could show that no matter who or what you are dreams can be made real. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - where can I buy this book?

    ReplyDelete