Friday, March 22, 2013

LIBRARY JUMPERS Cover Reveal

I'm thrilled to share a very special book cover with you all today. LIBRARY JUMPERS by Brenda Drake will be published by Month9Books in February 2014. Get excited people, this book is going to be fabulous!

Many of you may know Brenda Drake from all the wonderful opportunities she provides for writers through contests and workshops. Not only is she a sweetheart, but she's a terrific writer as well. And guess what? Today is her birthday!!! So if you follow Brenda on her blog, twitter, or facebook account, make sure you wish her a happy birthday!

Without further ado, the cover.....
BEYOND THE HIDDEN GATEWAYS THAT CONNECT THE LIBRARIES OF OUR WORLD, LIES A DARK AND DANGEROUS WORLD JUST WAITING TO BE DISCOVERED

Totally epic, right?

As someone who dreams about what my own book cover will look like one day, I'm always curious about an author's cover design process. We all know each publishing house and imprint handles the process a little differently and Brenda was kind enough to answer a few questions about her experience. 

Did you have any ideas of what you wanted your book cover to look like? I had ideas in my head about what I'd like my cover to look like, but this one went beyond my expectations. 
Wow, what a calm  and totally non-control freak kind of approach. Note to self...get rid of the horrible cover designs you drew and have hidden in your desk drawer. 

How much input did you have? Month9Books has a sheet for their Authors to fill about their characters, and what they see for their book cover. Georgia sent me pictures to see what I thought. There were only a few suggestions (real small details) from my part because I loved what she and the book cover designer had created. So I guess we didn't talk about but just wrote up that sheet about it.
Seems like a fantastic way to get an author's preferences. Way to go Month9! 

How early in the publishing process did you start talking book covers? It was right off the bat, and then I got to see the plans for it in January. To me it seemed like eternity from signing the contract to seeing the book cover, but it actually was early in the scheme of things.  So that's a year before publication. 
And now we can all drool over your cover until it comes out! 

What did it feel like when you first saw the cover? And how was it revealed to you? Georgia surprised me in January with it, and I wasn't expecting it.  I was asleep when she sent me a surprise text and said she'd be emailing me ideas for my book cover. I jumped out of bed, ran down stairs, and turned on my computer. I was ecstatic and extremely happy with her vision for it. 
YAY! What an amazing feeling! Congrats on the cover, it's gorgeous! LIBRARY JUMPERS will be added on GoodReads soon, so keep an eye out for it.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome, this was a absolutely superior post. In approach I'd like to address like this too - demography time and absolute accomplishment to accomplish a acceptable article... but what can I say... I adjourn alot and never assume to get something done
    Estetik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AMAZING cover. I'm so thrilled for you! Also liked hearing about Month9's process, because, well, you never know...

    ReplyDelete