Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's a New Year!


Happy New Year's Everyone!

I can't believe how fast last year flew by. 2012 was a great year for me and I can only hope 2013 is just as great. 

A recap of 2012:

-Finished writing my first novel, The Apollo Academy.

-Entered the world of publishing and all the craziness that goes with it...

-Landed an agent.

-Started a blog. My one year bloggerversary will be on 1/28/13. And what's even crazier is that I have gained over 100 followers and had over 12,000 page hits this past year. That's probably not a lot to some people, but I think that's huge!  So thank you all for following along.

-I participated in two agent contests! Trick or Treat with Agents and Pitch Wars.

-Learned about and immersed myself in a fantastic new world- Twitter. This magical place is where I gained a ton of new writer friends. Picture below is of Dee and I this past December where we finally got to meet in person!

-I was interviewed here....whoa!

-Read 104 books this year! Apparently I'm not sleeping...AT ALL.

And of course most of those are only on the professional level.  On top of all of that, I was a mom to my wonderful 3yo boy. I got to spend another year with my best friend and husband. We began designing a new home that we'll eventually build...no clue if that will happen in 2013 or not. Fingers are crossed.

Goals for 2013. I'm putting this out publicly, so you can all hold me accountable.

-Write more! I want to finish the sequel to The Apollo Academy. So far, I'm only 7000 words in. I have about 80,000 more to go! I'd also like to focus on my other WIP, a YA Historical Romance with a twist. So lots more writing scheduled for this year.  

-Travel more. 

-Oh God...I just realized I'll be turning 30 at the end of this year. So I guess I better make the last year of my twenties totally rock!

I wish you all the best in 2013. I read a really great quote yesterday and I think it's so fitting: "Today is the first day of a 365 page book- write a good one!"

May you reach the stars!
Kim

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a great 2012! I hope 2013 is just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that 2012! 2013 is going to be even better. I can feel it. :) Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelley! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
    2. This is second time i read your blogs and got its a very useful information for me i know its a very difficult task to do comment but its a way to what you think and i think everyone can share own knowledge through blog so thanks for this your greatful posting.
      Kızlık zarı
      Genital estetik

      Delete