Monday, October 29, 2012

Trick or Treat #K6 - SYLVAN LEGACY

Title: Sylvan Legacy
Category: Adult
Genre: Historical Romance w/ Paranormal Elements
Word Count: 76,000 

Pitch:
In Regency era London, where the smallest faux pas can cause irreparable scandal, half-elven Katherine Sinclair has more to hide than anyone else. There are those who feed on magic energymembers of a secret brotherhood who would kill to possess a rarity like Katherine. So when she makes the scandalous mistake of healing a fellow debutante during a riding accident, she knows her reputation isn't the only thing in danger of being destroyed. 

Question 1: In your MC's voice, what costumed character do you relate most to and why?
I would undoubtedly choose to be a pirate for it seems only pirates can escape the ridiculous demands of society. 

Question 2: As an author, what makes your manuscript a tasty treat (aka unique/marketable)?
Amidst the backdrop of stuffy Regency era society, SYLVAN LEGACY combines steamy romance with fantastical elements and a strong heroine who isn't afraid to defend herself from danger. 

First 200 Words:

The horse's hooves thunder across the hillside, and my heart pounds with each bunching of his muscles. My hair breaks free of its pins, pale strands sweeping across my cheek. Though the wind breaks through the thin barrier of the breeches and tall boots borrowed from my brother’s wardrobe, the smile never leaves my face. Mild discomfort is a small price to pay for a ride unhindered by the thick skirts of my riding habit.

I glance at Robert, who is keeping easy pace with me.

"Careful, dear sister," Robert calls out, the wind snatching at his words, "I'm gaining on you."

I laugh. "Serenity will refuse to jump this next bank, just as she always does."

I press my booted heels to Orion’s sides, and a little thrill jolts through me as he charges forward. His excitement bubbles over my skin, making it hard to distinguish from my own. Magic derived from the warmth of the sun cloaks us both, its invisible golden bands connecting us until we are nearly one creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment