Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Flooded

It seems I underestimated the amount of ideas that would begin flowing through me once I successfully finished writing my first novel.  I thought that after pouring pieces of my soul into my young adult science fiction book series that I would be completely drained, that I couldn’t possibly have anything more to write about, but I couldn’t have been more wrong.
Recently I’ve been flooded with ideas for other books.  Book ideas that I didn’t even know I held within me until they miraculously started flowing out.  I now have ideas for 3 children’s books and another Young Adult book!  Who knew this was all hidden within me somewhere? 
Of course, I am far from done with my young adult series, but while I’m waiting my mind is free to consider other things.  Several people asked me what I was going to write about next and I thought there was no way I’d have more to write about.  It seems they knew me better than I knew myself.
Update over the past week.  My query letter has undergone serious reconstruction with the help of an awesome blog called the Query Shark.  After hours spent tweaking a single page using the Query Shark's advice, I then emailed my updated query to a family member (Megan Sorenson) and a literary agent (not one that represents my genre) for additional feedback.  Between these three sources I can with 100% confidence say that I have a killer query letter, so step 1 down. 
In the meantime, I am back at the computer, contemplating other things…

2 comments:

  1. AND I bet all that you are writing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and in just a week and half, you'll have all the free time you need, because I'll be there to help with Thomas, clean the house, make meals...whatever you need done! just let me know and keep those thoughts coming!

    ReplyDelete