Monday, March 12, 2012

Bloggers Anonymous

So, I’m officially a blog addict.  I’m not sure how I’ve missed one of the latest social networking trends over the past few years, but it’s time to make up for lost time. 
I’ve been on Facebook for over seven years, know all about Twitter, have all kinds of App’s for my iPhone, and feel technically savvy, but I somehow underestimated the value of a good Blog.  Well, I am blind no longer. 
I really started looking into Blogs two months ago when I was thinking of beginning my own and now there’s not a day that goes by that I’m not checking someone’s blog.  My must see blogs are mostly authors, but now I’m definitely expanding my list.
There are many types of blogs.  For example, some are dedicated to enlightening people about a specific subject and others are really just personal journals, where you can really get to know someone.  So far they have helped educate me, make me laugh, emotionally invest in something, and best of all, it’s all done with words.  Bloggers are like characters in a book, each one different with a distinct voice, as they tell you of some experience.  It’s like speed reading.
You would be amazed at the things you can learn from a good blog.  Most recently I’ve learned all sorts of things about authors, literary agents, and the publishing industry in general.  More excitingly, today I discovered that The Hunger Games has an official nail polish to promote the movie! There are 12 in all to represent the 12 different districts, each with their own names based around the book. Where else would I learn of such a thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment